We support the creation of an articulated vision and a long-term master plan for the Sarasota Bayfront area to establish a cultural and economic legacy for the region while ensuring open, public access to the bayfront.
Sarasota Bayfront 20:20 has retained the services of HR&A to achieve the following milestones:
- Organization Building: Bayfront 20:20 will become an established, self-sufficient, grassroots advocate for redevelopment along the bayfront. This will include establishing a website and a social media presence.
- Broad-Based Outreach: Through direct outreach to key community groups, cultural organizations and landowners, as well as broader “community conversations,” Bayfront 20:20 will develop an understanding of the goals and concerns of bayfront stakeholders and the community regarding the strategic implementation of the City of Sarasota Cultural Park Plan and wider bayfront redevelopment.
- Articulation of Guiding Principles: Bayfront 20:20 will synthesize the goals and concerns articulated during its outreach process into clear principles to guide redevelopment.
- Preliminary Implementation Roadmap: Bayfront 20:20 will propose and seek support for a potential roadmap for bayfront redevelopment, Cultural Park Plan implementation strategies, and financial planning.
During this Phase, HR&A will serve as a flexible resource to the community. Specific HR&A tasks will be determined over time but may include the following:
- Assistance in preparing for and facilitating “community conversations” beginning in September and assistance in building community support.
- Leading an interim workshop with the Sarasota City Commission.
- Presentation of findings and preliminary roadmap to stakeholders and local government.
Timeline for Phase II Accomplishments
May-September: Work begins by the City of Sarasota Internal Technical Team to develop a common technical knowledge base of the Bayfront site.
May-September: Sarasota Bayfront 20:20 explores options and best practices for design options, financing and management models for the community-focused redevelopment efforts.
June/July: Cultural needs assessments preliminary information for the Sarasota Orchestra and Van Wezel completed.
September: Completion of the City of Sarasota Internal Technical Team.
September: Presentation of Sarasota Bayfront 20:20 research into management and finance models to Bayfront Stakeholders.
October/November: Completion of roadmap for the redevelopment of the Bayfront